Contact the Leadership Alliance Executive Office:
- Confirm that a speaker is a Doctoral Scholar
- If you are a Doctoral Scholar or faculty member at a Leadership Alliance institution and are interested in speaking at a specific school, we can connect you with the Institutional Coordinator.
- Apply for travel support by completing the Google Form
Coordinators, you are responsible for:
- Contacting speakers directly to invite them to speak
- Coordinating and paying for their travel. To help keep costs to a minimum we encourage you to invite a speaker that can travel on the same day to/from their home to your institution or who would require only one-night hotel lodging.
- Finding a location on campus for the event
- Publicizing the event on campus, if applicable
- Sending out the invitation and collecting RSVP, if necessary
- Publicizing your event on The Leadership Alliance Connect Website
Speakers, you are responsible for:
- Arranging your own travel. If your visit requires that you stay one night, see if the institution has negotiated rates with local hotels in their area. Make sure you do not exceed the allowable amount of $500.
- Informing the executive office of the following detailed information:
- Speaker name
- Event title/date/type
- The format of the event (i.e. panel, lone speaker)
- Number of attendees
- Feedback from contact
- Feedback from speaker
The Executive Office is responsible for:
- Processing reimbursement for travel and hotel
- Collecting the event information as outlined above by speakers and coordinators
- Car Rental
- Mileage (if using a personal car)
Food is not an allowable expense. All allowable expenses require a receipt. Credit card statements will not be accepted.
After the event Speakers and Coordinators should:
- Send the receipt or invoice directly to the Executive Office for payment
- Post photos of the event on the TLA Connect website.
- Inform the executive office of your experience and how the speaker series program could improve.