Grant Writing Workshop
The Leadership Alliance is collaborating with the National Research Mentoring Network and the Big Ten Academic Alliance, Committee on Institutional Cooperation Academic Network (NRMN-CAN) to sponsor a NIH Grant Writing Proposal Workshop.
When: Thursday, July 27, 4:00 p.m. through Friday, July 28, 2017, 2016, 1:00 p.m.
Where: Hartford Marriott, Hartford, CT
Who: Junior faculty member (less than 2 years of faculty experience) from a Leadership Alliance institution. Junior faculty alumni of the Leadership Alliance.
Cost: Free travel and lodging to selected participants.
Day 1: Networking dinner at the Hartford Marriott.
Day 2: Intensive NIH Grant Writing Proposal Workshop
Preference will be given to faculty from minority-serving institutions. Individuals from groups underrepresented in biomedicine, encompassing all relevant social, behavioral and health sciences, are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications are encouraged from any individuals with a demonstrated commitment to increasing the full participation of underrepresented groups in biomedicine.
- A US citizen or permanent resident
- Junior faculty member (less than 2 years of faculty experience) from a Leadership Alliance institution.
- Junior faculty alumni of the Leadership Alliance
- Currently preparing or planning an NIH grant application
- Able to bring a draft of your Specific Aims to the meeting
- Click HERE to apply … if you are currently preparing or planning an NIH grant application and can bring a copy of your Specific Aims to the workshop.
- The application deadline is June 23, 2017.
- Your participation will be confirmed by June 26, 2017, at which time instructions for booking your travel will be shared.
- Please see the Leadership Alliance website for workshop details and contact Maria_DoVale@brown.edu with any questions.
- To learn more about the NRMN-CAN, visit the NRMN-CAN project website.